Since our inception over three decades ago, our researchers have contributed to life-changing scientific breakthroughs across cancer, inflammation and cardiovascular diseases.
As a world-leading independent medical research institute Centenary’s vision is to improve human health through excellence in medical research.
Visit our Media hub for the latest Centenary discoveries and scientific advances.
- Discovered a new immune cell type that causes skin diseases and skin allergies.
- Discovered new drug candidates for prostate and breast cancer.
- Developed an integrated genetic and clinical approach for early diagnosis and treatment solutions to prevent sudden cardiac death.
- Discovery of a new mechanism by which the liver kills immune cells responsible for graft rejection and viral clearance.
- Discovered micro RNA can be used to treat diseases associated with vascular leak eg stroke and myocardinal infarction.
- Discovered anti TNF therapy increases the risk of reactivation of Tuberculosis.
- Improved the identification of human regulatory T Cells, a discovery used widely in clinical research settings.
- Discovered critical insights into the role of the immune system in health and disease.